Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Question About Daniel's Dream

Hi Dave, I have been studying the pre-wrath view for about 8 months now, and I have taken it to be the one true rapture timing view of the bible. I think your chart is one of the best and most concise I have seen.

Daniel 7:8-10 seems to relate the time of the antichrist's boasting with the opening of the “books.” I see this as the possible time of the opening of the 7 sealed scroll of Revelation at the midpoint of the week. Does this make sense?

Thank you for the great study resources,
Your brother in Christ,
Jake


Jake,

Thanks for the compliment of my chart, Jake. But I don't think that the verses within Daniel 7:9-10 are speaking of the midpoint. Yes, they are sandwiched in between mentioning what the Antichrist will do during the time of the Great Trib, but it seems clear that these verses are an interlude.

Notice Rev 20:12:

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

Though this passage is speaking of the Great White Throne judgment that will take place after the millennium, I believe a similar instance will take place after the 70th Week before the millennium at the Sheep and Goats Judgment.

But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (Matthew 25:31-34)

I would think that the books would be opened for the Sheep and Goats Judgment just as they would be during the Great White Throne Judgment, and I think this is probably what is being mentioned in Daniel 7:9-10. The scene in the throne room is showing us what is taking place as if they are getting ready for the judging that will be coming in their very near future.

Some might say that this interlude in verses 9-10 is flashing forward all the way to the end of the Millennium to the Great White Throne Judgment, but that seems awkward to me, especially when we consider and apply verses 13-14 to the scenario.

As for your conclusion that the scroll is opened at the midpoint of the seven years I will just have to say, “Maybe.” It’s not something that I will be dogmatic about.

Good question!

Dave

No comments: