Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dear Tim,

I do give Tim LaHaye a hard time, but it's always concerning his teachings, and never his motives or heart. I want to make sure that pre-trib readers know that though I strongly disagree with their end times position, I understand that this is a minor issue in comparison to salvation.

About a year ago I sent a letter to Tim LaHaye, along with a copy of my book. I decided I would share this letter with you today. While I'm certainly adamant that there is not a single passage to support his position, the below letter correctly displays how I really feel about Tim LaHaye, and all who disagree with me. People are more important than doctrinal issues, and when it all comes down to the bottom line, I'm a harmless fuz-ball.
_____________________________________________________

Dear Tim,
I wanted to send my book to you a while back but didn’t know how to get a hold of you, but recently an internet friend (Donald Salerno, Revelation Unsealed) found your address for me. I’m sending my book to you out of courtesy, because after all, "Who Will Be Left Behind And When" is a critique of the pre-trib position using your name and teachings throughout the book. I’m sorry I didn’t get it to you before it was released.

I did my best not to attack you personally (see page 15) and tried to simply use references from your teaching books as examples. I would be honored if you read my book, but I certainly understand if you don’t.

We obviously strongly disagree on the rapture issue, but I know, and am thankful, that we agree on the most important foundational salvation issues. I look forward to the debate being over and to the time when you and I can literally sit at His feet together and laugh about all the things we were both wrong about!

Sincerely,

Dave Bussard



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave-

You are a gentleman and a scholar. If I had half the tact you have I would be real smooth. This was done in very good taste.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

Recovering said...

I wish you'd talk to me that way...

Gone Fishin' said...

Sorry recovering, I look much better on paper.

Gone Fishin' said...

"I think often times it gets lost in an end times debate..."

THAT is so true. And how did you put my quote in bold lettering?

Dave

William Boot said...

Good letter. I read Tim Lahaye's books actually WANTING him to be right, but I found very little substance to the reasoning behind pre-trib teaching.

You should be applauded for keeping out "mere christianity" in your heart and remembering that we are all followers of Christ even when we disagree on doctrine.

I wish more people discussed matters that way.

PWTribune said...

Thanks sleepwriter. It's not always easy. If you read all the comments on this blog I'm sure you may find a few where I got a little edgy, but I certainly try.