Sunday, February 26, 2006

Advice Column


Dear Dave,

I need help. I love my pastor and the people at my church. I’ve been going there a long time and don’t want to go anywhere else, but the pastor is in the middle of a four week message centered on the pre-trib rapture…and I’m MAD! I can’t seem to get over it. What do you think I should do?

Christy

_________________________________________________________

Dear Christy,

If a person is afraid to speak in front of a group, the advice that people give is to view the audience in their underwear. For more than one reason, you may not want to visualize your pastor in his underwear, but I suggest you try picturing him with a milk mustache while he’s teaching the pre-trib theory next Sunday morning. This may help lighten the mood you’re experiencing. But I’m not a trained professional, so you may want to seek a second opinion.

Dave



Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a laff out of the mustaches. If you'd like a laff, see the "Timotheos Prologizes" blog (or site) to see photos of Tim LaHaye and band leader Spike Jones side by side along with funny comments.

Anonymous said...

Me again. I failed to say a few minutes ago that the blog featuring LaHaye and Spike Jones is titled "Separated at birth" and it is by Timotheos Prologizes and is dated Feb. 24.

Anonymous said...

You're bad, Dave.

(Snicker)

Recovering said...

I got a chuckle out of that. Thanks.