Thursday, January 05, 2006

Gather and Return to Me

In the times of Moses God made it clear that, because of their disobedience, Israel would be punished and scattered.

The LORD will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be left few in number among the nations where the LORD drives you (Deut. 4:27).

But it was also made clear through the prophets that Israel would be gathered back to the homeland.

I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath: I will bring them back to this place...(Jer. 32:37).

This was beginning to be fulfilled when the Jews began gathering back to their land in the 1800's after having been gone since the 70 and 135 AD attacks on Jerusalem. And as we know, in 1948 Israel became a nation for the first time in almost 2000 years. In 1967 Israel regained Jerusalem.

But there is so much more in store for the Jewish nation, and the final outcome will be an amazing sight!

When you are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days you will return to the LORD your God and listen to His voice (Deuteronomy 4:30).

...I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety. They will be my people, and I will be their God (Jeremiah 32:37-38).

Now you know the rest of the story.


No comments: